Around the Rim.

1:47:00 PM

I spent most of yesterday morning and evening immersed in the game, playing around a total of 8 hours. This time however I ditched the keyboard and mouse altogether for the dusty Xbox 360 controller. Yeah its the dreaded controller that's been mocking me ever since I stopped playing Final Fantasy XIII Hallway Edition. (Yeah that's Jontron.)

I have to say that I'm hooked on this game. Sure I played similar games and liked them but this game just hits me in all the right spots. Where with other games I want to stop playing after a little while, with this one I just want to keep going. I'm always wondering what beautiful or scary thing might be lurking around the next ridge or the next dungeons corner.

I have to say that this game is definitely hitting the Zelda explorer chord with me.  Almost no game can do that. Well maybe Xenoblade but that's a whole nother story.

I can't state enough how much I enjoy playing this game. Not going to say best game of all time but its definitely up there as one of my top favorites.

Lets go a bit into detail about what I like in this game. When your tossed into the game you are given very little story about who you are and why you are there. Your just a prisoner on a cart riding off to your doom to be beheaded.  Is it my fault I was just chillin in the wrong area at the wrong time?

The story brings you into the game and puts you in the perspective of why the heck am I here which, in my opinion is pretty much how I feel when ever I start reading a story.  "Why am I here?"

There are of course beautiful graphics, but some of the scenes are just breathtaking. No they are not scenes like most games where you are just guided to look at pretty scenery by some computer driven camera. This is your intractable environment which makes me giddy just thinking about it again.

The combat I have to say is pretty difficult, but in the end extremely rewarding. I had a run-in with an Ice Troll that quite literally trolled me to death. MANY times. Revenge or slaughter what ever you want to call it (Blind luck), but when I finally beat the troll you can probably imagine my extreme excitement. Needless to say there was a lot of fist pumping and very embarrassing antics that took place. Luckily I have the weekend and house to myself.

The inventory system is pretty simple and straightforward, with a customizable favorite system that allows you quick access to just about everything you need. The favorite system is not just for items either as you can access spells and abilities as well.

I have to say that the control scheme for the PC with controller is amazing and feels like it was made to played with a controller. The PC Keyboard and Mouse setup on the other hand I have to say was extremely lacking. Looking around with the mouse was clunky and I couldn't look up and down properly no matter how many changes I made to the settings.

It feels like it is built for a controller and lacks decent mouse and keyboard controls. Plugging in the controller made all of that go away thankfully.  Its ok in another way too because I am getting used to the QWER controls from League of Legends and really don't want to go back to my old WASD ways.(Even though I know I'll have to eventually for Guild Wars 2.)

Other than the little control hiccup I had I can't say there were any other problems with the game that were not my old rusty computers fault.



I have to give the game 95/100 green slimes.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts